It seems like no matter what you do, between school, church, work, neighborhood friends, and every other activity in between there is just a lot of germs going around and no real way to avoid catching something along the way. That’s where this trusted remedy comes in. I call it The Knockout Remedy because first of all it will knock out almost any upper respiratory trouble you have (i.e. cold, sinus infection, sore throat…) I get sinus infections pretty easily and I found this combo can put a quick end to an otherwise awful sickness. Here’s the other part of the knockout, it’s really packs a punch going down! So even though it will probably make you pucker and squirm it’ll be worth it.
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. honey (organic wild flower honey is the best)
2 tbsp. organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Combine all three and heat in the microwave for just about 10 seconds. Stir and then…down the hatch! Repeat daily for best results. Be careful, since this concoction is very acidic you will need to dilute with water if you plan to make this a daily routine so you don’t lose the enamel on your teeth!
* Lemon juice is packed full of vitamin C, but that’s not all lemon juice is good for. When applied to the skin lemon juice can diminish scars, heal and prevent acne. Taken internally it serves as a great cleanse and weight loss help by increasing liver function and metabolism resulting in the loss of excess water weight. “It helps to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, skin care, fever, hair care, dental care, indigestion and many other health problems.”
* Honey especially organic honey which is locally grown in your area can not only help with seasonal allergies but can also “fight infection and aids tissue healing but also helps reduce inflammation and scarring. In addition, it is often used for treating digestive problems such as diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ulcers and gastroenteritis.” If you can’t find it locally, you can find it here: Certified Organic Honey
* Raw apple cider vinegar is the mother of all natural remedies. It may be a little strong…okay who are we kidding this stuff is no sipping tea, but its natures own antibiotic with the ability to do all this:
- Potassium – to avoid runny nose, hair loss, brittle teeth
- Malic Acid – to fight infections from harmful bacteria and fungus
- Acetic Acid – accounts for the sour taste of vinegar; lowers the blood’s pH levels thereby creating an inhospitable intestinal environment for bacterial & fungal infections.² ³
- Pectin – facilitates regulation of blood pressure and removal of bad cholesterol
Note: I typically buy this direct from Amazon in the gallon size to save money. You can click here to see the one I recommend: Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Since writing this post years ago I’ve learned a thing or two. I no longer microwave it since this can kill all the good stuff in the apple cider vinegar and honey. Nowadays I usually just warm it in a pan or take it cold when I’m in a rush. Since this concoction is pretty strong, I usually tone it down for the kids by making it into a tea. Just add some warm water from the tea kettle.
I also use essential oils along with The Knockout Remedy to keep me and my family healthy. The best and safest that I’ve found are from Doterra. To learn more and purchase some you can go here.