Want something simple, healthy, and and quick to make? I made some yummy crock pot enchilada chicken with homemade enchilada sauce for dinner one night and this guacamole was the perfect topper for it. It’s really great for any taco Tuesday night special and comes together in minutes.
Be sure your mango and avocado are nice and ripe. The mango should give a little when you gently squeeze and have a nice sweet smell. If it smells like a pine tree it’s not ripe yet. You can tell if an avocado is ripe by this same method. The avocado pit should come out easily by using a sharp knife. Act like you’re going to chop right into the pit with your knife and when it gets stuck in the hard nut just pull up the knife and out will come the pit with it.
- 1 ripe avocado; pitted, removed from skin, and chopped into chunks
- 1 ripe mango; peeled and chopped into chunks
- drizzle of lime juice
- chili powder
- sea salt
- fresh or dried cilantro
- cayenne pepper
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- This recipe is really just a to-taste type recipe. Make it how you like, but start with the base ingredients. Combine the avocado, mango, and lime juice together, stir, and gently mash the avocado and mango with a fork if you like. Sprinkle in the salt and chili powder (start with just a couple dashes, taste, then add more as needed).
- Now get creative. Toss in some cayenne or jalapenos if you want more heat, some smoked paprika for a southwestern style, or some cilantro, garlic, and onion for a mango pico de gallo type guacamole.